Tuesday 30 October 2012

'Studio Lighting' 2nd Shoot


Lighting set-ups employed

The above image is my chosen edited shot from the photo shoot. I feel that although my approach did not quite displace the subjects highlights or define the cheekbones of the subject, the technical aspect of this was somewhat hampered by the subjects largely undefined cheekbones and in-distinguishable jawline, I do however, feel that, whilst the lighting didn't completely display and conjure aesthetic appreciation for the subject it did compliment the skin tones of the subject and was clean and sharply executed. I did, however, manage to evidence the visual research of Peters and Axon through the subjects eye contact with the viewer, face focal point of the image and also the lack of clothes, allowing the viewer to indulge in the act of voyeuristic looking. In my next shoot I will begin by choosing a subject who is aesthetically more suitable. This will allow for the lighting techniques that I try to transfer into my work to be more evident and distinguishable. I will also look at more relevant visual research, for my approach, which focuses on the poses and facial expressions of the subjects and how the lighting juxtaposes with this in a complimenting manner. Obviously I need to adjust the lighting so that I can achieve both cheek definition and the glowing displacement I am trying to achieve but I need to also pay more attention to the way in which the hair is lit as a lot of information and detail was lost from the hair, this despite using a secondary source at times in order to light the hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment